It's the holiday season! Few things are more sentimental or appreciated than a handmade gift. Handmade gifts don't have to be cheap or dorky. Use these ideas to make your own personalized ornaments with minimal supplies and basic skills.
If you're self conscious about your artistic skill, I find that if you start with a good material, you're already half way there. In my opinion, less is more when it comes to decoration. These ideas only require basic shapes and minimal composition. They make a great present topper, or as a gift in themselves.
Rustic Wooden Wonderland
- PAINT THE HILLS with gradually thicker ink. I used Dr. PH Martin's Bleedproof White, but you can use gouache or acrylic. Use 3 overlapping arcs.
- DRAW THE TREES after the hills have dried. I used a brush pen. First place your trees on the hills with vertical lines, then scribble horizontal branches. Make the trees smaller in size as the hills recede.
- PAINT THE SNOW with little dots from a paintbrush
- Optional- If you're up for it, personalize your ornaments with the names of your giftees.
Crystal Clear Bulbs
These are almost too easy. Write whatever you want on a bulb ornament. Commemorate a year's event, write your family's names, or a cheery message.
- WRITE ON YOUR BULB with an oil based paint pen.
- TIE ON A TAG and some string to fancy it up. DONE.